Golden Eyeshadow, Pearls and Pretty Heels








The weekend before last I went to a 1920's themed birthday party. I'm not usually one for fancy dress, but when it's something sophisticated like this, how can I say no? 

I had a Lipsy navy bodycon dress from the lovely Michelle Keegan's collection, with a low scoop front and a tie back, seen on my instagram. As I didn't go for a typical flapper dress I was really excited about accessorising it. My heels were a bargain from Jenny Packham at Debhenhams, they were £20 instead of £69 which is amazing. I've heard so many good things about Jenny Packham, Kate Middleton also seems to be a fan! They had a gorgeous satin finish, which unfortunately got wet in the rain. My beaded clutch was from Matalan, I don't really shop in Matalan but the Accessorize ones were quite pricey, and I happened to stumble across this one in the sale. It's also got a chain strap, so it can be used as a shoulder bag. 

I went for soft grey nails by Rimmel. Look out for a post on this polish coming soon! A natural collection lipstick in the shade 'Autumn Glow'. Unfortunately this didn't last too long on. I then opted for a mix of my two ByTerry Ombre Backstair eyeshadows, in Misty Rock and Blond Opal. I finished the outfit off with a pearl headband from accessorize, loose curls and a small stack of pearl bracelets.

Dress: Lipsy
Clutch: Matalan
Nails: Rimmel
Lipstick: Boots
Eyeshadow: ByTerry
Headband: Accessorize

Have you been to a Great Gatsby party?
Whats your favourite fancy dress?

Lucy x