A ByTerry Splurge





I've been on the hunt for a new eyeshadow for a while now and when visiting Space NK the other week a ByTerry Ombre Blackstar in Blond Opal accidentally made its way into my basket. Eeeek! 
When it comes to eyeshadow, I think less is more. I'd prefer to have less of them and spend more than loads of drugstore ones that seem to irritate my sensitive eyes. I'd been looking at the Nars and Laura Mercier eyeshadow sticks as they are slightly more affordable, but how could I resist these lovely ones?!

My ByTerry Ombre Blackstar in Misty Rock is one of my favourite ever items in my makeup bag. The simple, yet elegant packaging combined with the seamlessly easy to use eyeshadow crayon makes applying these on a dream. This one doesn't seem to apply as easy as my other one, it can be slightly tricky when blending in the sense that it doesn't stick as well but it is a gorgeous pearly everyday colour. Once set in place they last all day, even without a primer. The only thing is that this one tends to crease without a primer, but other than that they still look perfect when it comes to taking my makeup off in the evening. I love eyeshadow sticks as they are so easy to use and they don't take up much space in my makeup bag, plus they are so much tidier! I hate the fall out that powder shadow gives, especially with sensitive eyes. 

This colour goes perfectly with Misty Rock, adding an often much needed inner corner highlight on days when I'm tired. It's also amazing for highlighting, giving a similar effect to Benefits watts up. So if you're someone that travels a lot this would be great as its a super handy multi-tasker!

Both of these eyeshadows were featured in my last post, if you like pretty accessories this ones for you! 

Have you tried ByTerry Ombre Blackstars?
What are your favourite eyeshadows?

Lucy x