Wimbledon Themed Afternoon Tea: The Landmark*














If you follow me on Twitter or Instagram you would have noticed that on Monday I was lucky enough to have been invited to a Wimbledon themed afternoon tea. This was held by Ladbrokes Bingo at The Landmark hotel in Marylebone to celebrate the start of Wimbledon 2015 with their #BuffBallBoys. I am a big fan of Wimbledon and have been lucky enough to sit in the crowd at centre court a few times, so when I got invited to this event I was over the moon! There is absolutely no questioning why The Landmark is a five star hotel - it is absolutely gorgeous! It is so Instagram worthy with its sweeping staircases, high ceilings and grand palm trees.

This was my first blogging event, so a nervous me didn't know what to expect. Everyone was really welcoming, introducing themselves and exchanging blog names upon arrival. I wish I had taken more photos at the beginning but being my first event, there was a lot to take in!

The afternoon tea was dreamy, with offerings of champagne and a selection of teas. I had the dairy free option, meaning that I got my own plate of dainty sandwiches. All the food was carefully laid out on the prettiest of tableware. Scones were then served, with a selection of jams and cream. And it only got better, the selection of cakes was incredible, ranging from delicately decorated sponges with tennis balls on to chocolate desserts. As I can't have dairy I was handed a plate of dairy free macaroons and mini fruit sponges. And to top it all off, everyone got to try a Pimms jelly. It was the sweetest little treat, layered with tiny pieces of fruit. Something that I would love to attempt to recreate for summer BBQ's!

All in all I had an amazing day. I feel incredibly lucky to have been invited to the event with a special thanks to Lucy and the Ladbrokes Bingo team. The Wimbledon themed tea is available until Sunday the 12th of July at The Landmark.

Lucy x

Ladbrokes Bingo
The Landmark