Sally Hansen: Spring Nails




After wearing bold winter colours for weeks on end I decided I wanted a change with my nails. I love it when seasons roll around and you can change to colours that suit each time of the year. I love bright and colourful polishes but sometimes it's nice to strip things back. Finding the perfect nude nail colour is always a struggle, they're either too chalky or too clear. I'm always on the lookout for a polish that has enough colour to look like you're wearing something as having to do more than 2 to 3 coats of polish just leaves my nails looking like a sludgy mess. 

I have used a few of Sally Hansen's Salon Complete polishes in the past and have loved them all. They are so easy to apply, especially when in a hurry as they have a top coat, base coat and strengthener all in one as well as a nail growth aid. This usually takes 3 coats to give a nice finish, any less gives the barely there look and any more would probably take forever to dry and look a mess. It seems to last longer than any other polish that I've tried although it doesn't last as long as it claims to. That could be because I use a Sally Hansen's insta-dri topcoat on top, and fast drying top coats often lead to chips. I paint my nails every couple of days, although I feel like I could leave it longer with this polish which is always a bonus. 

I've had my eye on Essie's urban jungle for ages but I can't seem to find it in any of the Boots and Superdrug stores that I've been too. It looks like the perfect light pink/nude shade. But until then this one is doing just fine. I'd definitely recommend these polishes!

Sally Hansen - Shell We Dance

What nude colours would you recommend? 
Have you tried these Sally Hansen polishes?

Lucy x