All Things Pink






Todays post features some of my current favourite beauty favourites, tied in with a pink theme to brighten up these dull winter days. First of all I've been loving Benefit's ooh la lift and highbeam. Ooh la lift is a brightening primer, perfect for brightening those dark under eye circles. I love that it keeps my eyeshadow on for longer when used on the lid while adding a subtle glow. It's great for when I'm not wearing any eyeshadow too, or for when I don't have time in the mornings but want that little bit extra than a completely natural base. Perfect!
Highbeam has been my favourite highlighter and theres a pretty good chance that thats not going to change. It lasts so much longer than powdered highlighters, blends really easily and leaves my skin looking fresh and dewy. I dot a little under my brows and cheek bones and I'm good to go.

Then theres Clinique's blushing blush powdered blush in Iced Lotus, I got this in a gift set a while ago and have recently fallen in love with it. It is such a pretty pink for a subtle but fresh look, I can see myself using this all the time in the spring. It has a slight shimmer too.   Next is the EOS lip balm in strawberry sorbet, I picked this one as strawberries and sorbets are two of my favourite things, and I'm pleased I did as it smells so yummy. No literally, it almost tastes good enough to eat. This has been my saviour over the colder months and has kept my lips in tip top condition. I have my eye on the mint one but they aren't that cheap here in the UK and £6.50 for a lip balm is quite pricey when you could go for Maybelline's baby lips. Although this definitely does the job a lot quicker, so it is worth the price. Plus the packaging is a lot cuter! 

My next favourites are from Tanya Burr's makeup line. I have loved the nail polishes since they came out last year but have only just got my hands on a lipgloss. I got the lipgloss for Christmas and wore it every night on holiday. I have this in the shade 'aurora', it's perfect if you want a little colour but nothing too much, so would be great in the daytime too. I also have quite pigmented lips anyway so the more nude shades don't suit me as much. One of my favourite nail polishes from her line is the ever so pretty 'mini marshmellows'. I usually do two coats when it comes to polish but prefer a more opaque look so this one takes three if you are like me. It's a gorgeous pastel pink with the extra coat of polish, perfect for spring weather which I am longing for!

What are your favourite beauty items?
Have you tried any of these?

Lucy x